I heard a podcast once from Stuff Mom Never Told You that said that whatever hormone regulates our powers of self-control becomes all out of whack for women 10 days before their period so they tend to make more impulse buys around that time. When I heard that, I looked at a calendar and my credit card bill and had gone on a little spree on that exact day. It’s dangerous to give me such medically viable excuses.
It’s pay-day, which means irrational dreaming of blowing the month’s cashola on pretties – but the looming purchases of plane tickets to Paris and a computer that doesn’t creak is keeping me in check. Instead, I dream and prioritize frivolous spending allowances. Next up:
- A much needed Costco trip (on which I hope to find good deals on a laptop. Mine is close to a decade old.)
- The release of Alexa Chung for Madewell next week. I know some self control is going to go out the window for that one.
- A good red lipstick a la Keiko Lynn
- A trip to the tailor to alter my bridemaid’s dress from Matt and Vanessa’s wedding. I’d like to shorten it and make it a cocktail dress.
- My yearlyAnthropologie shopping trip (I allow myself one Anthropologie dress or equivalent item a year, when the budget allows).
- sewing supplies to make another A-line skirt before I forget how. I took a sewing class recently and came away with a creation that’s not too shabby, if I may say so myself. I still need to upload pictures from that.
- Concert tix, because I never can get enough. Right now I’m super revved to see Arcade Fire at the Greek Theater in Berkeley and The National, She & Him, Broken Social Scene, and Ra Ra Riot at the Treasure Island Music Festival but I think I also want to get tickets to see Vampire Weekend when they play the Greek.
Deep breaths, Rochelle, put the wallet away and make good decisions.