the perfect weekend formula
I was talking to my friend Tina about her crazy weekend plans and was reminded of my Perfect Weekend Formula. Over time and across several either mediocre or overwhelming weekends, I’ve narrowed down the formula to develop the perfect weekend, with the ideal balance of rest, play, and the gotta-dos. It seems like a perfect time to share.
Formula for the Perfect Weekend:
- Friday night, stay in movie-night or tv night. Preferably with a bottle of wine and one or two close friends, boyfriend, or just your bunny slippers.
- Saturday morning/day, SLEEP. If necessary, wake up, eat, and sleep some more.
- Saturday evening, go out and paint the town red. See friends, put on your party hat, do something embarrassing.
- Sunday day, get things done that you don’t have time for during the week: errands, laundry, cleaning, whatnot – all the while, having some plan slotted for the end of the day (something fun so that you don’t just sink into the end-of-weekend slump)
- Sunday evening – something low key and fun, planned ahead of time so you’re not just thinking about Monday. Go to an early movie, dinner with friends, cook something extravagantly yummy…
I want to Perfect Weekend this weekend. We’ll see if it works out.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.